Thinking Out Loud
Developing insight into human thought, culture, and history—insight that connects deep knowledge to the way we live.
The Humanities Center at West Virginia University will cultivate critical humanistic inquiry, fostering collaborative, interdisciplinary, and publicly accessible scholarship and teaching to benefit the common good of the university, the state, and the world.
Annual ThemeBeginning in 2018, the Humanities Center will consider the many dimensions of "Quality of Life," thinking in public about making the lives we live richer and fuller.
Center AffiliatesThe Humanities Center is a hub for a network of humanities scholars and practitioners on campus and across our region. Meet them and find out how to affiliate with us.
- Jan284:00 PM - 5:30 PMA conversation about how communities and cultures survive after coal
- Feb217:00 PM - 9:00 PMSilas House Reading
- Feb227:30 PM - 10:30 PMScreening and Talkback of hillbilly
- Mar206:00 PM - 7:30 PM“Humanities and Quality of Life" Panel
- Apr127:00 PM - 8:30 PMEmily Wilson Public Lecture